9.07.2007

Toasted Coconut Sesame Brittle

Haagen-Dazs
I was watching the Food Network and a contest show named The Scoop came on. About Haagen-Dazs search for the next great flavor. This flavor actually didn't win, it only came in second, BUT IT SHOULD HAVE WON!! Oh MY goodness, is this good! You can order it by checking out the source info below.

(Source:
www.icecreamsource.com - you can order these flavors on their website if you can't find these flavors at your local store. They package it in dry ice, and the ice cream is rock solid when you receive it. I know, because I ordered it. In June. It was yummy. Only thing I don't like about NC, the grocery stores are full of vanilla ice cream and other boring flavors.)

From Haagen-Dazs.com:
'Flavor Notes-
Luxurious slivers of toasted coconut are steeped in rich cream and coconut milk, then blended with crunchy pieces of ginger-infused sesame brittle. A hint of ginger will linger on the back of your palate after the last bite is gone.'

'Inspiration-
Much of the inspiration for our Toasted Coconut Sesame Brittle flavor comes from the lush islands of Thailand, where coconut trees line white beaches and the local markets are filled with exotic Asian spices like ginger and sesame.'

'Food Pairings-
Serve a scoop atop a banana leaf for the perfect ending to a Thai dinner.'

'Wine Pairings-
A sweet German dessert wine such as Trocken Beren Auslese.'

I also like HD's Black Raspberry Chip ice cream along side a scoop of their Chocolate Peanut Butter. Reminds me of this ice cream parlor named Richman's in the middle of New Jersey, that my family would always stop at on the way home from the Shore. I would always get two scoops of the above flavored ice creams and just hope like hell I could lick the cone fast enough to keep it from melting in the NJ summer sun. Richman's was creamy and homemade. HD's version is very close. Reminds me of my childhood.

One of these days, I will post my Great Grandmother's recipes for Home made Teaberry, Chocolate, and Chocolate Chip Ice Creams. You've never had such creamy ice cream. But you have to own a White Mountain Hand Crank or Electric Ice Cream Maker for that.

Meantime, enjoy Haagen Dazs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that flavor sounds really good! One of the best flavors I've had was at Epcot where the resturants of the world are. I think it was the China one, they had ginger ice cream, I had to get 2 servings it was that good:)